About Me

My photo
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
I am a lover of all things created, history, travel, art and literature. I spend my time with family and friends, working hard and creating things, pretty much in that order. My passion is to make beautiful things to wear, mostly accessories, jewelry, belts, clutches, hair adornments, brooches etc. I create mostly using fabric , fibres, metals, jewels, pins, chain, clips, buttons and more. I have a shop on Etsy.com which I sometimes have a little trouble maintaining depending on the time of year and how busy I am. Check out my Etsy Shop www.etsy.com/shop/dressedtothe9s or click on the box on the left to go directly there.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Inspiration!!



Inspiration comes in all forms. I find it every day , everywhere. Looking through a magazine, reading a book, surfing the web, watching a program on television, people watching, home decor, exhibits and travel. Ideas just pop into my head when I see something. Maybe it is such a small element of the whole thing I am looking at or the way something is folded or the colour or the shape, a button, a shadow. It just hits me and I have to write it down, do a sketch, make a note. Keeping a notebook with you at all times is very important because you can not remember a fleeting moment when something struck you. Writing it down is one way to remember. Some people also record their thoughts on their cell phones. Just hit that little record button and start talking about what you just saw or thought of. When you get home you can make notes. I also love to take pictures, hence the reason for this blog today.
This picture was taken on the Ponte Vecchio in Florence about a year and a half ago. Walking by all those windows of jewelry really got my creative juices flowing.

Here is another window with these beautiful fish bracelets so gorgeous I thought to myself. I wasn't necessarily inspired that particular day by them and even now I'm not sure how I might use something of this design in one of my own creations or how I would interpret it but I have a picture anyway for future reference. The next two pictures did however inspire me to try something with beads and fabric when I got home. It was something I made and put in my Etsy shop to sell.

Here is the item I made and sold on Etsy.

It is made with a piece of upholstery fabric, lace, organza, beads and a few rhinestones.

No comments:

Post a Comment