About Me

My photo
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
I am a lover of all things created, history, travel, art and literature. I spend my time with family and friends, working hard and creating things, pretty much in that order. My passion is to make beautiful things to wear, mostly accessories, jewelry, belts, clutches, hair adornments, brooches etc. I create mostly using fabric , fibres, metals, jewels, pins, chain, clips, buttons and more. I have a shop on Etsy.com which I sometimes have a little trouble maintaining depending on the time of year and how busy I am. Check out my Etsy Shop www.etsy.com/shop/dressedtothe9s or click on the box on the left to go directly there.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

In HONOR of Moms!

Hi all,

It has been a couple of weeks since I have posted. I thought I was getting better but my health has been suffering the last 5 weeks. I am finally on the mend and getting some energy back.
So I hope you don't think I disappeared because I didn't. I will be posting on a more regular basis. I haven't been able to do any sewing but hope to get some things done this weekend.

Anyway, enough about me. I know it is Easter this weekend and Mother's day is coming up as well so I wanted to make a treasury in honor of Mothers for that reason. I am a mother and I'm sure quite a few  of you are as well. Moms seem to always put themselves first no matter what. When they are sick they don't let on and try to carry on without alarming anyone. When they are tired and their child is sick, or sad, or hurt nothing else matters, they are there. I lost my mother the day after Mother's day 6 years ago and I think of her every single day in some way or another. I remember one of my first thoughts after my Mom passed away was "I have never known life without her" she was always there, I really was unaware what life would be if she weren't part of it. Now I know. So here's to all you Moms out there, you are AWESOME!!! You are CARED ABOUT and most of all you are LOVED!!!

Here's to you Mom xxxxxx

 

'In Honor of Mommys All Over!!' by dressedtothe9s

A treasury of all things honoring Mommy. Celebrating mom, mother's day and parenthood.

Aqua Mother Telephone Side T...

$145.00
Mother and Child by Klimt

$35.00
Hand Embroidered Mother'...

$8.00
Trinket Dish or Tea Bag Hold...

$8.00
Mother of Mine Tag - Set of ...

$3.25
Mothers of little boys work ...

$18.00
Mother and Son Hedgehog Neck...

$58.00
Ice Cream Social Mommy and M...

$67.00
You are my world mother neck...

$97.99
Nursing Mother - Wool Needle...

$58.00
When Mother is in the room- ...

$18.00
wall quote sticker decal was...

$9.00
Cherry Apron - Retro Inspire...

$6.50
Child Proof Bottle Cap Penda...

$5.00
Make Way for Ducklings Origi...

$35.00
Retro Vintage Mom Getting He...

$9.99

No comments:

Post a Comment