About Me

My photo
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
I am a lover of all things created, history, travel, art and literature. I spend my time with family and friends, working hard and creating things, pretty much in that order. My passion is to make beautiful things to wear, mostly accessories, jewelry, belts, clutches, hair adornments, brooches etc. I create mostly using fabric , fibres, metals, jewels, pins, chain, clips, buttons and more. I have a shop on Etsy.com which I sometimes have a little trouble maintaining depending on the time of year and how busy I am. Check out my Etsy Shop www.etsy.com/shop/dressedtothe9s or click on the box on the left to go directly there.

Friday, February 11, 2011

A Plethora of Pretty Pillows

I love pillows, my husband  hates them. Why do we have to have decorative pillows on the bed? He just doesn't understand.


I have a 9 foot by 3 foot window seat in my bedroom that is covered with pillows but alas it is time to re-do my bedroom so they will all be recovered once I decide
what it is I want to do in there.
When I look at pillows I am instantly comforted and have a deep need to curl up with a hot cup of tea and a good book or magazine. Maybe that's why I love them.  I am reminded of the barkcloth covered cushions my mom had on the sofa and the embroidered pillow cases that she had in the linen closet made of 100% cotton, dried on the clothesline and smelling of fresh country air.
So here are some beautiful pillows to make you feel like curling up, reminiscing and maybe even dozing off for a few minutes.





                                                              Anyone for a cup of tea?





4 comments:

  1. Yes, I'll have a cup of orange spice! Are these your creations? They look quite delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boyfriend says the same... "whats the use of having pillows u can't sleep on?"... and then he sleeps on them and gets em all flat and wonky lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha... are you sure you didn't overhear that conversation in my house?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess my hubby isn`t the only one!!
    No Jacqueline they aren`t mine , I wish they were though.

    ReplyDelete