About Me

My photo
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
I am a lover of all things created, history, travel, art and literature. I spend my time with family and friends, working hard and creating things, pretty much in that order. My passion is to make beautiful things to wear, mostly accessories, jewelry, belts, clutches, hair adornments, brooches etc. I create mostly using fabric , fibres, metals, jewels, pins, chain, clips, buttons and more. I have a shop on Etsy.com which I sometimes have a little trouble maintaining depending on the time of year and how busy I am. Check out my Etsy Shop www.etsy.com/shop/dressedtothe9s or click on the box on the left to go directly there.

Monday, March 14, 2011

3 Wonderful Artisans from Etsy !

I can't believe the number of talented people out there. When I look around these blogs, Etsy, Artfire and more I am so smitten with peoples craftsmanship, imagination and determination. The internet has allowed all of us to bring our craft to a huge audience. Millions and millions of people have the ability to see into our homes , into our studios and really get to know us and what it is that we are so passionate about. Consumers have a choice to make. They can buy mass market products that everyone has or they can buy from Artists beautiful items, often one of a kind and help an artist in their journey to be seen. Here are three Etsy sellers and artisans that I particularily love the work of.
I would like to make this a regular post maybe once a month on my blog so I can showcase some of their talents.

First up we have Ox Original Art Jewelry

http://www.etsy.com/shop/OxOriginalArtJewelry

She handcrafts original enamel and fine silver jewelry with emphasis on unique design and color. Earrings, necklaces and bracelets are created with kiln fired enamels, fine silver, bronze and copper.
Her colours are brilliant and designs devine.

Here is what she says about herself.

For years I labored at my easel to capture the essence of our arid environment in paint. From the moment I fashioned my first piece of art using wire and beads - a simple bookmark - I knew that my artistic hunger had found a new dimension. Using precious materials I would be able to offer my artistic expressions to others in ways that painters could not. Making the common uncommon; creating the unusual from the usual. This is my artform.


Not to mention that when you order from her each order is sent in a gift box tied with beautiful gold and burgundy ribbon.

Visit her blog as well http://www.artsyplace.blogspot.com/


********************

 
Next we have Lady Q's Designs (Cuffs, Handbags and Whatnots...)

 http://www.etsy.com/shop/kimiq

She creates handmade cuffs and purses from odds and ends that nobody else needs and she gives it new life in a original piece that she likes to call "Arm Adornment". Her creation's sometimes start out with a vintage or antique piece of cloth or lace and finish with antique "jewels" and brooches. The prices vary relative to the cost of the fabrics and brooches she purchases. She finds most of her goods at estate sales and sometimes buys new and buys quality product. She sells cuffs, purses, pillows and more.
She donates a portion of each purchase to a local woman's shelter.

Here is what she says.

I hope you enjoy the fun and original cuffs and handbags I'm creating and selling. The what nots in my name would be anything else I'm inspired to create. I like to find pieces of fabric that might be neglected as too old and then bringing them back to "Life". Sometimes I use mink or chinchilla and then add a flash from the past in the way of antique brooches or pearls... at times all on the same piece. I love to create art that is timeless and can be passed on for generations to come. I sew 90 percent of my work by hand (Thank you Lord for the thimble) and each piece is original. Very few of my cuffs or purses can be duplicated so you are really purchasing a one-of-a-kind jewel for your arm. I use only vintage fur collars, nothing farmed.

********************


Last but certainly not least we have Everybody Else.


Everybody Else sells her original artwork.

Her bright, whimsical illustrations are available as prints, cards and ACEOs (Art Cards, Editions & Orginals)

She says this.

By day I'm a 27 year old graphic designer and illustrator for a tiny publishing company in the heart of Amish-land.

By night I'm a coffee addicted illustrator, drawing the stories I see in my head and printing them on kromekote for your enjoyment.

You can also check out her blog at

http://www.everybodyillustrated.blogspot.com/


Thanks for tuning in go and check out these lovely ladies on Etsy.

4 comments:

  1. What a great job you did on this article! I visited the other blog and shops, and I agree, there are some really creative artisans on Etsy. Thanks for featuring my shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very welcome. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for this great blog and article! I constantly visit the other shops on Etsy and love to admire the outstanding talent!! Thanks for including my shop in your article!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for featuring me in this article, you do a really nice job with your blog.

    ReplyDelete