About Me

My photo
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
I am a lover of all things created, history, travel, art and literature. I spend my time with family and friends, working hard and creating things, pretty much in that order. My passion is to make beautiful things to wear, mostly accessories, jewelry, belts, clutches, hair adornments, brooches etc. I create mostly using fabric , fibres, metals, jewels, pins, chain, clips, buttons and more. I have a shop on Etsy.com which I sometimes have a little trouble maintaining depending on the time of year and how busy I am. Check out my Etsy Shop www.etsy.com/shop/dressedtothe9s or click on the box on the left to go directly there.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Versatile Blogger and My bouquet of Flowers

The other day I rec'd a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my dearest friend because I have been sick for over 2 weeks. Wanted to share them with you plus the fact that I was given the Versatile Blogger award by Paige of Final Clothes out  ...Thanks Paige!
So I am supposed tell you 7 random facts about myself.




I have worked at the same company for 32 years (Publishing).

I love the smell of wet  pavement after it rains, I know it's weird.....lol.

I went back to school when I was 46 for Interior Decorating.

I have been sewing since I was six years old ( I would sit on my mom's knee) and I still use her old sewing machine that is an old Singer and it survived Hurricane Hazel in the 50's.

I have been married for 24 years and still live in the first house we bought 20 years ago ( something about not liking change...I sense a pattern here).

I have 3 cats all females 2 of which hate each other and we have to keep them separated at all times.

I absolutely hate to wash dishes , I would rather do anything else, anything!!


Now I need to give the award to 2 other bloggers.....
I would like to award New End Studio and T and C Bakery for all the wonderfullness I get to read on your blogs all the time.

And finally here are my flowers that cheered me up immensely...Thanks Liza (Lum)









3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I just thought I‘d let you know that I have a giveaway on my blog in case you’d like to stop by and enter to win.
    Here’s the url:
    http://beadedembellishments.blogspot.com/2011/03/beadedembellishments-spring-giveaway.html
    Good Luck!
    P.S. Those flowers are beautiful!!!
    Denise
    from
    BeadedEmbellishments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the award, Connie. What a special treat and an honor! When I read your 7 Random Facts, I thought how do you manage to fit everything in? I enjoy your blog and your sense of style, your photos are a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, that is very nice. Sorry I wasn't able to comment before now but I just got my computer back :)

    ReplyDelete