About Me

My photo
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
I am a lover of all things created, history, travel, art and literature. I spend my time with family and friends, working hard and creating things, pretty much in that order. My passion is to make beautiful things to wear, mostly accessories, jewelry, belts, clutches, hair adornments, brooches etc. I create mostly using fabric , fibres, metals, jewels, pins, chain, clips, buttons and more. I have a shop on Etsy.com which I sometimes have a little trouble maintaining depending on the time of year and how busy I am. Check out my Etsy Shop www.etsy.com/shop/dressedtothe9s or click on the box on the left to go directly there.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Clutches- Use them, Love them

I love clutches and recently I have begun to be a little overfocused on creating some myself (you may have seen my post earlier this week).
I was hoping to get some more opinions on that particular one ( I am changing the button ) but not to worry, I shall forge ahead.
I have been researching some of the embellishmnents used on clutches so as to get some inspiration. I stumbled upon some lovely spring 2011 clutches by Oscar that are beautifully embellished. See below.
The flowers on these are so pretty something I think that I can recreate or atleast something similar. I know when we use a clutch it is generally for an event, a dinner, a wedding, a dance and we leave them on the table so they really get looked at by others. That's why it's nice to have some detail on them.


This one from Bulgari Spring 2011 is especially beautiful


I love Chanel , pretty sure I will never own one this one feels like something I could get some inspiration from.


Judith Leiber Spring 2011



If I can produce some clutches (of course mine would be all fabric) and if they could be half as pretty as these I would surely be pleased.

Have a lovely Saturday! I'm off to sew clutches!


3 comments:

  1. Your toddler sweater dress project has been mentioned in my Sunday Linky this week! Thanks for linking! Check it out here :)
    http://petitehermine.blogspot.com/2011/03/sunday-linky-party-5-goodies.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog looks great! Love the background! And your flowers too, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo, that Bulgari clutch is amazing!!! All of these clutches are just lovely.

    Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I'm following you now too!

    xo,
    melissa
    Bubby & Bean

    ReplyDelete